Current employment opportunites at Blue Traffic in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Internet Marketing, SEO, PPC Specialist (posted 1/5/2012 and currently open)
Blue Traffic is currently seeking an Internet Marketing Specialist in our West Des Moines office.
Now in our 8th year of business, we are an Internet marketing company specializing in search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns – mainly working with Iowa based businesses.
What we are looking for:
• Desire To Learn – This is a rapidly evolving industry. We need someone with a solid understanding of online business who can grasp new concepts quickly.
• Writing Skills – We do a lot of writing for clients in many industries (blog posts, articles, website content, press releases, etc.). This is really important…you must be a great writer.
• Communication Skills – You will be interacting directly with business owners and marketing managers via email, phone and occasional in-person meetings.
• Organizational Skills – Much like a project manager, you will need a strong ability to juggle multiple campaigns and meet weekly deadlines.
• Computer Skills – 90% of your time will be spent in front of a PC. You need to be fluent in Word, Excel, Outlook (or Google Docs) and keyboard/typing. Basic html skills also help.
• Interested In Online Marketing – Our goal is to build our client’s brands on the Internet thru a variety of strategies.
• Passion – We have fun with what we do but we also work very hard, poor attitudes are simply not accepted.
College Degree in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent professional experience in the fields of marketing, advertising, Internet services or another related niche.
The following are a rough description of some of the tasks you’ll be facing. No two days will be the same, but this should give you a relatively good idea of the demands we’ll place on you to start:
• Writing – From creatives to blogging to technical writing, reviews and more, your writing skills will be the most heavily used asset in your day-to-day tasks
• Keyword Research – brainstorming and researching popular and effective keywords for clients’ campaigns using online tools
• Site Reviews – examining the usability, user friendliness, accessibility, search engine standards compliance and other metrics of websites
• Competitive Analysis – comparing and contrasting players in an online niche
• Analytics – reviewing a client’s current website traffic to figure out what is missing and where improvements can be made
• Link Building – searching the web for sites that can help boost the popularity of a client or project via links
• Reporting – weekly and monthly reports are critical in helping our clients see the value of our efforts
Simply put, Blue Traffic is in the business of helping companies increase their website traffic. Usually this is done to generate more leads and sales, and it is generally accomplished by improving the client’s organic/natural search engine rankings on Google, Bing and Yahoo. We need someone who is VERY good at writing. If you also have some experience with SEO, PPC, or Social Media marketing – that is a big bonus. (If you don’t, we will teach the right person.)
If this sounds like your dream job, please email a brief cover letter to tell us why (hr @ bluetraffic dot com) and include your resume. (If not, maybe you know the perfect person? We’d really appreciate the referral!)
Note – We are looking for someone full-time, but will consider PT too. We will start our new hire as an independent contractor for roughly 60 days – to make sure the position is a good fit for both parties.